Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Songbird and Stimulus Package

Cecile spent roughly 3 whole minutes today contributing to the ambience of our apartment via extreme sighs, guffaws, snarls and wailing. No, there was no gnashing of teeth - this time, but it has happened before. The funny thing about it is, I can never really tell you why things happen the way they do with her, but as a joint communications and music major, she is a professional at both, and noises, for no particular reason, may be her forte.


Take for example this morning, yesterday morning, the one before that, and probably tomorrow morning too: "yaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr laaaaaaa laaaaaaa huuuuuahhhhh huaaaaaaaaah he he ta ta la la la la" - It's the first sign of every morning that Cecile has risen. She is my little songbird; what morning glory.

Cecile is miraculous in many ways. Each morning, as I listen to her wake up and greet the morning in a mixture of groans, screams and melodious melismas, I am usually getting ready for work in the bathroom. Each morning she comes storming out of her door and I ask her if she needs to use the restroom like any normal non-camel human would do. WITHOUT fail she passes up the opportunity and EACH morning she goes for hours until taking her morning pee. THIS GIRL IS A MIRACLE. Is this topic inappropriate for a blog? Perhaps, but I don't blog, and if you want to know what's going on in Apartment 410 then you've got to know this tidbit.

Per the cleaning ladies - I am doing my part to boost the economy, and to be fully honest, I have an incredibly dusty fan in my room and I don't have any of the right tools or cleaning products to clean it... so I put two and two together, and voila! I'm getting a clean house and stimulating the economy without raising taxes. Seems like an excellent plan to me. Unfortunately, in creating a priority list for April Lane's Cleaning Agency (alias Annie's Cleaning), I have seemingly upset the operations manager there, and now I'm afraid of leaving these women alone in my house for a few hours.

That's the other thing... I have no idea if the people coming to my door tomorrow are women... but since they will be cleaning my house, I have made that assumption. Hmmmm, a stimulus package that doesn't raise taxes, and an assumption that women will be cleaning my house... maybe I'm more republican than I thought.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you best have chosen a green cleaner

Jenny said...

Laughing. out. Loud. Yes, April Lane is a green cleaner, all earth-friendly products but oh how I pray that many fruit flies are harmed in the cleaning of this apartment. Puhhhhh-leeeeeeease.