Sunday, March 21, 2010

Miracle on Mercer St.

Good karma has finally found it's way into my life.  This last week has been freakishly full of phenomenons.  The first regards a great percentage of my daily life: finding parking on Capitol Hill.  Depending on the time of day it can take a huge chunk of time, and I end up listening to loud music, yelling some words I shouldn't when I see a space being taken, and driving way too fast on one-lane streets.  On Wednesday evening I drove home, expecting a similar situation.  What I saw really confused me, though: there were cars parked on the south street parallel to my apartment building.  Why would 5-6 people decide to park there illegally one day?  Upon closer inspection... the "authorities" have now allowed parking on this side of the street, and there was even a space waiting for me! 6 more chances for a good parking space! Other miracles:

  • One street over, parking is going to open up again on April 2nd.
  • Construction noise has been severely reduced/stopped! They are almost done! Naps during the day in my room are now possible! 
  • I was moving my car from a 30-minute space, when I realized I left my house keys and phone inside. Shucks. My plan: watch the balcony for Jenny to come back home and let me in. Actual: within a minute, Jenny showed up in the downstairs lobby to check the mail and I was saved!
  • I got a paid internship with probable promotion to a job after graduation at Banyan Branch as a social media analyst!
  • I'm on a super health kick, I ran 10.5 miles on a beautiful sunny beach day, I discovered legit biceps, my booty's not really soft anymore (kinda sad about that), I am addicted to finding new muscles.  The human body is amazing!
  • I continue to have a fantastic roommate, who is currently singing whimpers in her bed.
With these spikes of blessings amidst a life of continuous despondency, I'm waiting for a huge trial to come along any day...

Dontcha want Jenny to write another blog?

0 comments: