Friday, March 12, 2010

"We Miss You"

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is structured brilliantly. I learned a load of blank about contacting people persistently (being an annoying pain in the neck) at WashPIRG to get them to volunteer, and this religious organization is able to do it with 10% of the effort because of its adherent nature!
 
Last Sunday, Jenny and I went to an earlier ward, so I could sin and sing at the NATS Artist Awards competition during our regular time.  (If you are curious, I did not make it to the next round, but I was definitely the youngest and I am proud of myself for having an entire recital program prepared that the judges could choose from! and Jenny is such a saint to come watch! She is awesome! K, Morgan came, too; he is equally awesome in that regard.)

Within 24 hours of missing church, you're going to get at least 3 contacts, depending on the dedication of your leaders. I have yet to compare e-mails with Jenny, but it might include the following. (1) Relief Society presidency member (female): "Hi [name], [business they need to unload on you to achieve their visiting teaching goals.] [nice comment.] Love, [name]." (2) Another member of the Relief Society presidency (female): "Hi [name], [nice comment about you.] [nice comment about you are missed.] [announcements for the week.] [another nice comment.] Love, [name]. (3) Home teacher (male): "Hey sorry u wrent at church today."

Aren't they great? Thanks Coralee and Whitney and all of the people that miss us. :) They make regular ol' Ceciles like me feel like they are worth something, and that is certainly a good way of compelling someone to come back to church.

0 comments: